International Women's Day rally (Click to enlarge)
Socialist Party & CWI rally: Fighting to end women's oppression
- A socialist and internationalist approach
International Women's Day rally hosted by the Socialist Party in England and Wales and the Committee for a Workers' International (CWI).
Sunday 7th March 2021, 15-00 to 16-30
With speakers from across the world:
- Rashmi, New Socialist Alternative, India
- Sherri Hamilton, Marxist Workers Party, South Africa
- Pamela Meza Lobos, Socialismo Revolucianario, Chile
- Claire Bayler, Independent Socialist Group, US
- Leila Messaoudi, Gauche Revolutionnaire, France
- Clare Doyle, CWI International Secretariat
- Carah Daniel, Militant Left, Ireland
- Helen Pattison, Socialist Party, England/Wales
Chair: Isai Priya, Socialist Party England/Wales
Donate to the Socialist Party
The coronavirus crisis has laid bare the class character of society in numerous ways. It is making clear to many that it is the working class that keeps society running, not the CEOs of major corporations.
The results of austerity have been graphically demonstrated as public services strain to cope with the crisis.
- The Socialist Party's material is more vital than ever, so we can continue to report from workers who are fighting for better health and safety measures, against layoffs, for adequate staffing levels, etc.
- We must be ready for the stormy events ahead and the need to arm workers' movements with a socialist programme - one which puts the health and needs of humanity before the profits of a few.
Inevitably, during the crisis we have not been able to sell the Socialist and raise funds in the ways we normally would.
We therefore urgently appeal to all our viewers to donate to our Fighting Fund.