Socialism 2021 event
Friday 19th - Sunday 21st November 2021
A weekend of discussion and debate hosted by the Socialist Party
Capitalism is rotten. Luxury space travel for billionaires - but more and more people face a struggle just, for survival. And environmental catastrophe brings huge problems, hitting the poorest hardest.
We need an alternative! But what is it?
How can workers get organised and fight, back in the post-pandemic world? How can a real workers' politics be built?
In a world facing crisis on every front, discussion on how socialist ideas can change the world is more necessary than ever. That's why the Socialist Party is organising the Socialism 2021 weekend event from Friday 19th to Sunday 21st of November.
- Opening rally online: Friday 19 November
- Workshops: Saturday 20 November and Sunday 21 November
- 'Rally for Socialism': 4-6pm Saturday 20 November at Queen Mary University of London
In person and on Zoom
Donate to the Socialist Party
The coronavirus crisis has laid bare the class character of society in numerous ways. It is making clear to many that it is the working class that keeps society running, not the CEOs of major corporations.
The results of austerity have been graphically demonstrated as public services strain to cope with the crisis.
- The Socialist Party's material is more vital than ever, so we can continue to report from workers who are fighting for better health and safety measures, against layoffs, for adequate staffing levels, etc.
- We must be ready for the stormy events ahead and the need to arm workers' movements with a socialist programme - one which puts the health and needs of humanity before the profits of a few.
Inevitably, during the crisis we have not been able to sell the Socialist and raise funds in the ways we normally would.
We therefore urgently appeal to all our viewers to donate to our Fighting Fund.